BCCampus is organizing a very interesting one day conference in Vancouver on October 17 ‘to explore how the practices of Open Access research publishing and Open Educational Resource (OER) course content have emerged as complementary and creative alternatives to traditional copyright practices.’
Date: Monday, October 17, 2011
Location: SFU Woodwards Campus, Vancouver BC (and online)
Web site/registration: open.bccampus.ca
- David Porter, Executive Director BCcampus
- Sir John Daniel, CEO of the Commonwealth of Learning (COL)
- Scott Leslie, Open Education Client Services Manager, BCcampus
- Venkataraman Balaji, Director for Technology and Knowledge Management, Commonwealth of Learning
- Wayne Mackintosh, OER Foundation, New Zealand
- Rory McGreal, Associate Vice President Research & UNESCO OER Chair, Athabasca University
- Joy Kirchner, Scholarly Communications Coordinator, University of British Columbia Library
- Paul Stacey, Director Curriculum Development, BCcampus
The event will take place face-to-face at Simon Fraser University’s Woodwards campus in downtown Vancouver and be simultaneously webcast over the Internet. The webcast will be recorded and posted to the micro-site for reference after the event.
I’d love to go to this or follow the web cast, but I’ll be travelling to Oslo that day.