AMTEC Trust Award
The AMTEC Trust Award is provided by the Canadian Network for Innovation in Education. The annual award is available to applicants who are training, working and creating research and products and services in the field of Educational Technology.
Successful applicants are reviewed by the Awards Committee. The successful applicant is announced on the CNIE website. Presentation of the award takes place at the annual CNIE conference held in a different major city in Canada in May of each year.
Criteria for AMTEC Trust Award application:
- Must be either -an Instructor or Teacher, a Student , or an Independent developer and designer who is a graduate in instructional development and design from a Canadian Educational institution.
- Must be a CNIE member in good standing [https://www.assocsrv.ca/cnie-rcie/login.asp]
The categories of support available are:
- Research grant for university faculty working with educational media and technology
- Research grant for graduate student studying educational media and technology
- Research grant for post-secondary student to support educational media production
- Professional development bursary for university faculty working with educational media/technology
- Professional development bursary for college instructor involved with development, production or storage and retrieval of mediated learning materials
- Professional development bursary for teacher of media literacy course or teacher who demonstrates exemplary application of educational media and technology in instruction.
- Professional development grant for designer working in media or technology who demonstrates exemplary application of educational media and technology in instruction. The research or development resulting from this grant must be presented to the AMTEC Trust for sharing with CNIE members.
Research grants are for direct, supportable costs up to a maximum of $5,000.
Professional development bursaries are for course fees and travel and will not exceed $2,500.
Student bursaries are for no more than $2,500, one time only.
Application deadline – 5 March 2012,
Application for the AMTEC Trust Award: http://www.cnie-rcie.ca/?q=node/168