Mawayo, M. and Tlaka, M. (2011) The African Health OER Network, SAIDE Newsletter, Vol. 17, No. 5
A useful short description of the African Health OER Network.
The role of the Network is to:
- Aggregate the results of multiple health education initiatives by collecting, classifying, indexing, and then actively distributing African-initiated resources with the global health community;
- Facilitate discussion of how these resources can best be used;
- Share best practices, e.g., OER production and advocacy;
- Aggregate content to develop and deliver a critical mass of learning materials; and
- Work through institutions and associations to advocate the principles of openness and of sharing educational materials. This includes helping institutions to create an enabling policy environment for OER production and use.
The African Health OER Network has a nice new web site, with nearly 300 resources for free downloading. About half are in the Public and Community Health area.