If you have an hour to spare and are interested in this topic, you can access a video of this webinar organized on March 5 by EDEN as part of Open Education Week.
The recording can be accessed here. You will need to install Adobe Connect to replay the recording.
Moderator: Mark Nichols, Open University, UK
- Sir John Daniel, former Vice-Chancellor, UK Open University
- Dr. Ross Paul, former President, Windsor and Laurentian Universities, and Vice-President Academic, Athabasca University, Canada
- Professor António Texeira, Universidade Aberta, Portugal
- Dr. Tony Bates, a founding member of the UK Open University and now distinguished visiting professor at Ryerson University.
- What are the big challenges distance education universities face at the moment?
- What do you think is their best response to these challenges?
- Do you have a vision for the future of distance education universities? If so, what is it?
- What is it that distance universities offer that might be unique in what will increasingly be an online education future?
- How might distance universities become flexible to adapt to new markets and opportunities?