There are several sites with resources for those learning (or teaching) English as a Second or Foreign Language (ESL or EFL).
TESL Canada Federation is the Canadian national federation of English as a Second Language teachers, learners and learner advocates. Its web site has a number of useful resources, including an English Language Proficiency Test web site and English Language Test score requirements for major Canadian universities. Its Teachers’ Resource Centre contains a wealth of free resources for teachers of ESL.
The British Council also has a wide range of resources. Its LearnEnglish Kids has lots of free online games, songs, stories and activities for children to have fun and learn English too, and a host of resources for teachers..
Capilano University, a public university in North Vancouver, Canada, has the following resources:
- ESL Guide to Resources – Capilano University Library
- Other ESL Links
- Vancouver and British Columbia Links
UsingEnglish.com provides a large collection of English as a Second Language (ESL) tools and resources for students, teachers, learners and academics.
ESL Monkeys also has a free site of resources.
An Online Resource for EFL Learners provides EFL learners with comprehensive exercises, tasks and useful links related to various skills and components of English language. It is the work of Hamed Ghaemi, a PhD candidate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) in University of Tehran, International Campus.
A Google search under ‘Online resources ESL’ will identify hundreds of other sites, but the quality varies.
- I do NOT recommend any particular ESL program, since I have no means to evaluate them, so please do not ask
- I do not accept advertising on this site from commercial language schools so please do not ask for links or guest blogs
- Please DO send other examples of sites that offer high quality free online resources for teaching and learning English as a Second or Foreign Language.