Agee, A. et al. (2009) Top-Ten IT Issues, 2009 Educause Review, Vol. 44, No. 3
Based on a survey of 554 (responding) EDUCAUSE members, mainly CIOs.
The list in order of most pressing issues:
1. Funding IT
2. Administrative/ERP Information Systems
5. Teaching and Learning with Technology
6. Identity/Access Management
7. Governance, Organization, and Leadership
8. Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity
9. Agility, Adaptability, and Responsiveness
10. Learning Management Systems
Although the list is not surprising, still worth reading if you want to know what challenges US universities and colleges are facing in IT management. It is worth reading the analysis of trends over the last 10 years and I strongly recommend that you read not just the article, but the complete results, as I did not always agree with the authors’ analysis of results – more a matter of emphasis than disputing the conclusions.