One of the interesting things I discovered during my visit to Drexel University a couple of weeks ago is that they offer a post-graduate certificate program in neuroscience, learning and online instruction. Drexel University is an international leader in neuroscience research, and its nursing program is very innovative in its online teaching. This program looks at the cognitive aspects of neuroscience and how it can be applied in the field of online learning.
provides the knowledge and skills to apply concepts of neuroscience, cognition, and learning theory to online instruction based on evidenced-based research and real-world practice.
After completing this six-course certificate you will be able to:
- Address regulations related to online learning
- Apply neurobiology and learning theory approaches to online instruction to support transfer of learning and self-efficacy
- Apply procedural and metacognitive scaffolding strategies to online instruction
- Compare and contrast neuroimaging techniques for investigating cognitive function following injury resulting in impairment
- Describe neuroanatomy, cognitive function, and multi-sensory learning
- Discuss cognitive, social, and emotional learning as it relates to adult learners and the memory process
- Elucidate the relationship between neuroplasticity, neural networks, and rehabilitation
- Explain the anatomical and physical bases of learning and memory.
The program is aimed at:
- Post-baccalaureate professionals who instruct or plan to instruct courses in online and/or blended environments building upon the facets of neuroscience, cognitive function, and online learning.
- Graduate students wishing to continue their graduate study to include a post-baccalaureate certificate in Neuroscience, Learning and Online Instruction.
The program is of course available entirely online.
I have to say that if I was starting my career today in online learning, this is exactly the kind of program I would need to take.
For further information go to: https://online.drexel.edu/online-degrees/nursing-degrees/pbc-neuro-learning/index.aspx